In this article:
- How we manage complaints, concerns, and compliments
- How do I make a complaint?
- What if I am not happy with how Babylon responds to my complaint?
- Complaining to other authorities
How we manage complaints, concerns, and compliments
Babylon views all complaints, concerns, and compliments as valuable feedback. In turn, this helps us learn from your experiences and make improvements to the services we provide.
Compliments are as important to Babylon as complaints. We appreciate and value your positive feedback. There is a lot we can learn from it. And your compliments are always shared with the team member who provided your care.
How do I make a complaint?
If you are able, please raise your issue at the time of occurrence, as we aim to address any problems as quickly and informally as possible.
If your problem cannot be resolved at this stage and you wish to make a formal complaint, please let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days, so that we can get a clear picture of the circumstances surrounding the complaint.
You can complain or give feedback via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include ‘Complaint’ in the subject );
- Telephone: You may also make your complaint via telephone, by calling 1 (800) 475-6168 and speaking with one of our Operational Leads, letting them know you wish to make a formal complaint.
To help us to investigate your complaint, please provide as much information as possible. At a minimum, please include the following:
- Your full name and a valid email or home address (including postcode) for reply;
- Your date of birth;
- A contact phone number in case we need to contact you for additional information;
- A clear description of your complaint and when the subject of the complaint happened;
- Any relevant correspondence.
Babylon seeks to acknowledge all complaints within three working days after the day the complaint is received, and in all cases no later than 7 days.
The complaint will be investigated, and you will receive the findings of the investigation. You will also receive an explanation of any lessons learned or changes that will take place as a result of the findings of the investigation. You will usually receive our response within 30 days. If for any reason, we are unable to write to you with the outcome in 30 days, we will notify you, explaining the reason for the delay and advise when we anticipate providing you with a response.
What if I am not happy with how Babylon responds to my complaint?
Should you be unhappy with the response you received, please let us know that you are still not reassured and explain why. The person who provided you with a written response will try to resolve any continuing concerns.
If you are still not satisfied with this response and wish to escalate further, you can request an internal appeal. Your complaint will then enter stage two of the complaint process. Information on this will be outlined at the end of your initial response. You should provide a clear, detailed description of your complaint in writing, explaining why you were not satisfied with the original response, to enable us to make sure we address all your concerns.
Complaining to other authorities
You also have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. The contact information is as follows:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Complaint Portal: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf